Re: [eclipse-dev] Gerrit Still Failing

Why did it only fail for Gerrit/Jenkins and not our official builds?

Dani

From:        Sravan K Lakkimsetti/India/IBM
Date:        17.03.2018 18:13
Subject:        RE: Gerrit Still Failing

Hi Dani,

For the log I found this

11:39:51  [INFO] Fetching org.apache.batik.css_1.9.0.v20170908-1305.jar.pack.gz from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.8-I-builds/I20180312-2000/plugins/(98.28kB)

11:39:52  [INFO] Fetching org.apache.batik.i18n_1.9.1.v20180227-1645.jar.pack.gz from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.8-I-builds/I20180316-0740/plugins/(14.5kB)

11:39:52  [INFO] Fetching org.apache.batik.util_1.9.1.v20180227-1645.jar.pack.gz from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.8-I-builds/I20180316-0740/plugins/(63.23kB)

11:39:52  [INFO] Fetching org.apache.batik.constants_1.9.1.v20180227-1645.jar.pack.gz from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.8-I-builds/I20180316-0740/plugins/(13.04kB)

For batik.css version 1.9.0 is getting downloaded and for batik.util we are fetching 1.9.1. the problem here is batik.css version 1.9.0 is expecting 1.9.0 version of batik.util, whick maven did not download.

There are couple of ways to fix this issue.

1.        Adjust requirements for org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.core to use batik.css version 1.9.1 currently it has version range as [1.9.0, 2.0.0) this would be preferred.
2.        Delete older repos from 4.8-I-builds composite repo where we have 1.9.0 available. This will happen automatically in next 3 days with automated repo cleanup scripts.

I will try 2 for now. But 1 would still be required. If it is not done we will have similar issue while upgrading to M7 and subsequently to 4.8

Thanks and Regards,

Sravan

Sravan Kumar Lakkimsetti

IBM India Pvt Ltd,

Embassy Golf Links Business Park, D Block,

Off Indiranagar-Kormangla Inner Ring Road,

Bangalore - 560071, India