Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse on Unix (i.e. HP-UX, Solaris, AIX)

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd just like to be very clear about the scope of [1]

Does that exclude Linux?
Yes, we tried to make it clear in the mail by writing "Unix variants (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX)". Linux is usually considered - Unix-like and not strictly a Unix but these are details. Now to make the message clear:

Linux is really fast moving in terms of UI libraries (probably the fastest changing OS as of today). Phasing out slow moving Unix variants will allow for the SWT/GTK port to move faster and better align with recent Linux variants thus benefitting support for Linux significantly by making it easier to implement new features and fix bugs.