Re: [eclipse-dev] IPlatformRunnable Depprecated, what is the recommended approach for Headless Jar execution?

Which example are you using?  The first one using e4 stuff so it would start the eclipse workbench.  Your RunHeadlessMode application should look almost identical to when it implemented IPlatformRunnable.  The only difference is that you implement a start method instead of a run method and you get the Object args by calling:

IApplicationContext.getArguments().get(.IApplicationContext.APPLICATION_ARGS)

Tom

From:        Awanthika Senarath <wnthksnrth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/19/2016 07:55 AM
Subject:        [eclipse-dev] IPlatformRunnable Depprecated, what is the recommended approach for Headless Jar execution?
Sent by:        eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

I have implemented plugin that needs to be run in headless mode in the remote machine. I have implemented this using the extension point [1] with implementation of IPlatformRunnable class.

But that method appears deprecated according to [2]. I tried using IApplicationServer start method following the code samples at [3], but it seems that it cannot be run in headless mode as when I executed the jar in my local machine it started an eclipse instance.

Could you please let me know the recommended approach for $subject.

[1] <extension id="org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications" point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications">
      <application>
         <run class="org.wso2.developerstudio.eclipse.test.p2.hierarchy.RunHeadlessMode">
            <parameter name="optimize" value="true"/>
         </run>
      </application>
   </extension>

[2]http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fapi%2Forg%2Feclipse%2Fcore%2Fruntime%2FIPlatformRunnable.html