[eclipse-dev] Gerrit only vs. Gerrit + bugzilla?

I probably should know this already and maybe just forgot, but I am wondering if we ever settled on a project-wide policy about if bugs should always be open for Gerrit patches, or if a Gerrit patch is enough?

My guess is if we do have a policay, it'd be something like "if there is anything conceptual involved, a bugzilla should be open, for documentation, discussion and good visibility, but if it's a mere spelling correction, or similar, then a Gerrit-only patch is sufficient".

But ... I'd be the last to know, so thought I'd ask here publically ... and if it needs lots of discussion, guess I could open a bug :)

If we do have such a policy, is it documented somewhere? Or is it up to each component team to decide?

I'm asking because I got a few Gerrit patches recently, such as https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/31476/  which I think deserve a bugzilla entry, but wanted to make sure I wasn't just "old school" and "stuck in my ways".