Re: [eclipse-dev] Split UI/non UI plugins and features?

On 14.08.2014 18:27, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Funny, I was just thinking about this. The best example I can think of is SWT versus JavaFX. The core plugin should not have a dependency on SWT so you can replace your SWT based UI plugin with a JavaFX based one and reuse as much code as possible. ‎I have a feeling that will be the only way we get a JavaFX based Eclipse.
So what about the services extension point? In my case my core plugin provides a service - which creates a dependency to org.eclipse.ui. The latter has a dependency to SWT.
Are there plans to move the service extension point to some core package?
Should non-ui based services not use the service extension point and go for plain OSGI services instead?

Back to the top