[eclipse-dev] Jigsaw Goals & Requirements (Java 9)

Just in case folks here haven't noticed yesterday's blog post from Mark Reinhold[1]. It looks like there will be a lot of work required to retool for Java 9, even though I am a little unclear on how much of this overall vision will be delivered in the Java 9 timeframe.

I found the section entitled "Modular libraries & applications" particularly interesting. It seems to state that Jigsaw will be directly usable by developers in the construction of their own applications.

Unlike previous versions of similar documents, I cannot find any mention of OSGi or OSGi interoperability.

Anyways, I thought people here would be interested in reading that document if they haven't already.

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jigsaw/goals-reqs/03

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx