Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse + Java 8 : Early Access Release II available.

It was just great and convenient for all of us that Andy offered to produce the daily feature patches while we could focus on the Java 8 work and David being busy building M5 and 4.3.2 Last week David spent lots of time kicking off building our Eclipse SDK with Java 8 support. We will soon offer full SDK builds and feature patches via Eclipse.org.

Stay tuned!
Dani

From:        Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx>
Cc:        "eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01.02.2014 04:07
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse + Java 8 : Early Access Release II available.
Sent by:        eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

They couldn’t be given write access to the download site? Access to create the Hudson jobs at hudson.eclipse.org? They are committers, no?

Just seems weird. It makes it look like this isn’t an official offering from Eclipse.

Doug.

From: Srikanth S Adayapalam <srikanth_sankaran@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Friday, January 31, 2014 at 9:27 PM
To:
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project." <
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:
"'General development mailing list of the Eclipse project.'" <
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse + Java 8 : Early Access Release II available.

> From: "Ian Skerrett" <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse + Java 8 : Early Access Release
> II available.

> I am curious why the
> binaries are located at springsource.com update site?

Sorry, I just realized that this went unanswered.

The short answer is that this is a service they offered and which
we gladly accepted since it allowed us to focus on the core work.

Thanks!

Srikanth