Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse + Java 8 : Early Access Release III available - 45 day beta program starts.

We currently target 4.3.2 so that we can easily provide a feature patch for Kepler SR2 for our community. We will freeze that work before EclipseCon and prepare to merge the code into 'master', so that we can provide an official Luna I-build on the day Java 8 goes GA during EclipseCon.

Dani

From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        03.02.2014 09:41
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse + Java 8 : Early Access Release III available - 45 day beta program starts.
Sent by:        eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

What are the plans to officially  support Java 8 on Luna? I assume that we will be the release that contains this support and it would be nice to test is there.

API baseline support is current a blocker for me.

Best regards, Lars

Am 01.02.2014 06:07 schrieb "Srikanth S Adayapalam" <srikanth_sankaran@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> From: Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse + Java 8 : Early Access Release
>
> Is this compatible with Luna? The wiki only mentions Kepler.

There are some known issues with API Tooling that could surface

when you use along with Luna. If your project is not set up to

use API analysis or if you are willing to work around those issues

you should be able to use Luna.

The configuration we tested for this milestone is:

        Kepler (SR1 + SR2 candidate) + BETA_JAVA8 bundles.

Thanks!

Srikanth.