Re: [eclipse-dev] Bug verification and reopening

Thanks again for the feedback! Some aspects of the process are not clear for me, though:

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my experience (on the Eclipse Platform) code reviews are not frequent.... however, during the end-game (the final months leading up to a release) they become mandatory and more involved as the release gets closer. If you look at the some of notes about RCs (release candidates) on [1], you'll see what I mean.

The page mentions "reviews". Are those reviews actually _code reviews_ (i.e., code inspection) or any kind of review (e.g., manual testing)?

Also, I see that Eclipse's Bugzilla has a "review" flag since 2007: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-dev/msg07766.html. Does it refer to code review (i.e., inspection) or any kind of verification?

I also noticed (anecdotally) that we tend to verify bugs more often during the end-game. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

I don't have data for newer releases, but for the 3.6 release, the amount of verification during the end-game seemed similar to that of testing days, although more evenly distributed. See http://rodrigorgs.github.io/images/eclipse-verification-phases.png

[]s
Rodrigo

Back to the top