Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse startup OSX

I had a look of what gets executed from /etc/profile

# System-wide .profile for sh(1)

if [ -x /usr/libexec/path_helper ]; then
eval `/usr/libexec/path_helper -s`
fi

if [ "${BASH-no}" != "no" ]; then
[ -r /etc/bashrc ] && . /etc/bashrc
fi

/etc/profile is a system wide config file for the bash command shell. just like .bash_profile in your home directory /etc/profile is normally used to configure system wide env variables and aliases. Fortunatly this file exists under OSX and seems to work.

If users would add their PATHs using /etc/paths.d/ then this would work for both csh and bash, and for eclipse since the wrapper has "#!/bin/sh" the "source /etc/profile" would work. Only thing would be per user env vars, which are set I'm some .settings.rc . For this i would need to have a deeper look into the different shells environment handling. On the other hand, I doubt that Xcode will include non System wide PATHs on startup.