[eclipse-dev] Eclipse startup OSX

Hi there,
i didn't find a mailing list for packaging related issues, so i want to shortly discuss it here.
As you propably know, starting eclipse under OSX will not set your Environment PATH to the same value as it would in bash.
I was just asking myself, why this hasn't been worked around, because it often leads to trouble.
Is there a policy, that requires the Eclipse.app to directly start the Application rather then starting a wrapper script?
I would just suggest running "source /etc/profile" prior starting eclipse and to include that into the distribution packages.

Greets
	Ivan

Back to the top