Re: [eclipse-dev] About API Tools results analysis

On Jul 27, 2013 4:15 PM, "João Arthur" <joaoarthurbm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Let me ask you, is there any other way to get advantage of TreeViewer without extending it? I'm trying to understand whether the restriction should be changed or the way developers use TreeViewer should change.

As a past maintainer of that code, I can say that the intended way of using TreeViewer is to just use the class as is, without subclassing. There are many other supported ways through which its behavior can be customized (e.g. content provider, label provider), and I would expect the vast majority of uses to be like that, with subclassing a very rare exception. Subclassing is definitely not a supported way of using TreeViewer.

Boris

Back to the top