Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Post-Notes - 2 May 2012

On 05/03/2012 09:53 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
> We want the poms to be committed.  One of the advantages to being based on Maven/Tycho is that developers can run the build (or a portion of it) on their own box before making a commit.  Much better than
> commit-and-pray.

This might work for smaller things, but the SDK build is quite big and takes long even without running any tests. This will give you a loooong time to pray ;-).

Dani

Dani,

For what it's worth, my (CBI) platform build from scratch takes about 15 minutes on my laptop. Fastest I've heard so far is 7 minutes. Slowest was around 30 minutes. Incremental builds will obviously take far less time than this in many cases.

If you haven't had a chance yet, it's worth trying to see how darned easy it is: CBI platform build.

Special thanks to Paul, Igor, and Thanh for their great work and to the many others who have provided valuable feedback and testing.

Andrew

Back to the top