Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Post-Notes - 2 May 2012

On 05/03/2012 09:53 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
> We want the poms to be committed.  One of the advantages to being based on Maven/Tycho is that developers can run the build (or a portion of it) on their own box before making a commit.  Much better than
> commit-and-pray.

This might work for smaller things, but the SDK build is quite big and takes long even without running any tests. This will give you a loooong time to pray ;-).

Dani

Dani,

For what it's worth, my (CBI) platform build from scratch takes about 15 minutes on my laptop. Fastest I've heard so far is 7 minutes. Slowest was around 30 minutes. Incremental builds will obviously take far less time than this in many cases.

If you haven't had a chance yet, it's worth trying to see how darned easy it is: CBI platform build.

Special thanks to Paul, Igor, and Thanh for their great work and to the many others who have provided valuable feedback and testing.

Andrew