Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Post-Notes - 2 May 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> We want the poms to be committed.  One of the advantages to being based on
>> Maven/Tycho is that developers can run the build (or a portion of it) on
>> their own box before making a commit.  Much better than
>> commit-and-pray.
>
> This might work for smaller things, but the SDK build is quite big and takes
> long even without running any tests. This will give you a loooong time to
> pray ;-).

The difference is that with a proper maven build one can build/run
tests only in e.g. platform.team or whatever you choose easily.
Resulting in testing only the component you work on or parts that
might be affected. Being able to easily select what to test is
crucial.

Alex