Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Post-Notes - 2 May 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know 'Built by Tycho' is not planned for SR0, but if we do add the POMs (and other things) will we get feedback if this was done properly?  Essentially we want to add these now so we don't need to touch all of the bundles between SR0 and SR1, but without feedback (test compile for example), are we confident that we won't be fixing the POMs post SR0 anyways?

The CBI team will be running the CBI-based platform builds at the same time, and once we merge their pom files into our repos they'll be working against our repos (and the forks they are currently using  will disappear).  Their goal is to converge so that what they can build with CBI by Juno SR0 is the same [1] as what we will be contributing to SR0.

[1] for some value of the same.  It includes running their output through the comparator against whatever p2 baseline we provide.  But of course it's sensitive to changes in our repos.

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster