Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - 2 May 2012

Discussion topics:

- merging CBI changes upstream into our real Eclipse repositories
- - mostly consists of pom.xml files at the moment
- - consuming the pom.xml files will reset the qualifiers on most plugins and fragments
- - If we do it before Juno it will make the last commit timestamp consistent for plugins that don't change
- - releng contains most changes
- - state of the world: Bug 372792 - Status of CBI build for Eclipse Platform

-
Bug 362363 - Better policy ... provide hooks to allow a committer to delete <userid>/branchname branches
- - eclipse.platform.ui has been running with this pre-receive hook for a couple of weeks
- - it allows developers to do whatever they want with topic branches of the pattern committerId/branchName
- - it allows deletes of tags that use the same pattern, committerId/tag
- - it disallows creates, delete, and non-ff merges for branches like master, integration, R3_development, etc
- - it only allows creates of first level tags.
- - there are properties that can be set on the remote repo to temporarily allow the operations

We want to roll this out  to the other repos.  This provides a lot of protection while allowing developers to use git flexibility in their topic branches.

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster