[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - 4 April 2012

Planning Meeting Notes

Discussion topics:
  Assume priorities: 4.2 builds, 4.2 unit tests, 3.8 builds, 3.8 unit tests, 4.2 N builds.
  Bug 375654 is a good one for "architecture discussion" ...
     how to compare or distinguish 3.8 vs. 4.2 builds: deluxe (correct) solution? Or something quick and easy?

JDT UI, JDT Text
- continued work on tool tip for closing braces
- bug fixing with focus on polish and accessibility
- recovering from hard disk crash
- vacation

Platform Text
- bug fixing with focus on polish and accessibility

PDE
- bug fixing, inbox triage, newsgroups

Debug
- bug fixing / triage

SWT
- last major XULRunner 10 issues done (Linux workaround and BrowserFunction)
- updated WebKit on Windows support to work with latest WebKit release
- fixed eclipse Mac launcher to work with Java 7 (will release soon)
- GTK ToolBar testing and tweaking
- 3.8/4.2 bug fixing

JDT/Core
- bug fixing with focus on polish and accessibility
- vacation
- Inbox tracking, newsgroups, etc.

Releng
-   getting 4.2 "from scratch" builds running on build.eclipse.org (Bug 355430)
- There are 4 bugs in "depends on" list I've marked as p1 or p2 that need to be fixed before putting on "downloads" and scheduling regular builds.
- Outlook: probably good "regular" 4.2 I-builds next week (not necessarily unit tests).

Back to the top