[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipse-dev] Git and Line Delimiters
- From: Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 15:57:10 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To avoid line delimiter conflicts when working with text files and to have
the same line delimiter (LF) in all our text files, the following rules
apply when working with Git repositories from the Eclipse top-level
- Set core.autocrlf=false. If you use EGit to clone the repository then
this is done automatically for you.
- In your workspaces set General > Workspace > 'New text file line
delimiter' to 'Unix'.
- In the current dev branches (do not do this in maintenance branches) set
'New text file line delimiter' to 'Unix' on the 'Resource' property page
of your projects.
- If you don't work with EGit then it is your responsibility to avoid
committing wrong line delimiters to the repository.
In addition, on Windows set core.fileMode=false. Again, if you use EGit to
clone the repository then this is done automatically for you.