[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - June 29, 2011

Platform Workspace:

- 3.8/4.2 planning, see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Workspace3.8
- a voting has started for commit rights on Platform Resources for Szymon Ptaszkiewicz

Releng:

-discussion topic: When we run nightly builds, should we run them from the git master branch or from a special nightly branch.  Currently the plan is to tag master for the integration build.
-testing git migrations with the git club
-testing running git builds for 3.7 maintenance builds
-tagged R3_7
-bug fixing

User Assistance:

- Working on identifying candidate features for Eclipse 3.8

- Committing bug fixes which were deferred from 3.7

JDT UI:

- bug fixing for Java 7:
        - rendering of polymorphic methods in hovers
        - tweaking refactorings, quick assists & quick fixes
        - Mark Occurrences now highlights name of resource in try-with-resources statement if their close method throws an uncaught exception

Debug:

 - Java 7 work
 - 3.7.1 / 3.8 planning
 - inbox triage
 - vacation
- New link for Java7 related work: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/API_Tools/Java7

Ant:

 - inbox triage
 - vacation

SWT:

- working on migration to GIT
- giving feedback on proposed IA2 changes
- targeting some bugs for 3.8/4.2

PDE:

- Java 7 support (AST fix applied, tests fixed, adding new tests for Java 7 code)
- 3.8/4.2 Planning
- Vacation
- New link for Java7 related work: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/API_Tools/Java7

JDT/Core

- Verifying Java 7 implementation and bug fixes
- Provided a p2 repo for updating 3.7.0 or 4.1.0 to get Java 7 support (Kudos to Kim and DJ for doing the real work). See:
        http://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT/Eclipse_Java_7_Support_%28BETA%29
- Planning work for 3.8/3.7.1
- Bug triage
- Vacations