[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - May 11, 2011

--------
 Status
--------

PDE:
- RC1 Bug Fixing (8 bugs still being considered)
- testing (Monday)
- doc Pass (Tuesday / Wednesday)

JDT Core:
- working on a p2 repository to get Java 7 support on top of Indigo:
  - one test build has been done
  - working with Kim and Andrew to get this repository set up soon
- bug triage/fixes
- vacations
- two bugs still open for RC1:
  - both contains patches and are ready to be released
- RC0 test pass

JDT UI:
- RC1 bug fixing
- continued to investigate performance bugs (we have 1 remaining for 3.7)
- documentation work
- no polish items left

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- RC1 bug fixing
- documentation work
- continued to investigate performance bugs (we have 1 remaining for 3.7):
  - still waiting for useful console output
- no polish items left

SWT:
- status of 3.7RC1 bugs: fixed and planned:
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;component=SWT;classification=Eclipse;product=Platform;target_milestone=3.7%20RC1
- replicated swt's javadoc across its various WS implementations
- will be releasing updated copyrights

Ant:
- RC1 bug fixing / testing
- documentation
- investigating remaining performance bug
- bug triage

Debug:
- RC1 bug fixing / testing
- documentation
- bug triage

User Assistance:
- milestone testing
- two bug fixes
- working with Olivier to filter out API errors caused by Lucene changes

Performance:
- no new regressions
- currently they are three open performance regression bugs

Platform Workspace:
- all non-doc bugs for 3.7 fixed
- reviewing & updating the documentation

Rel. Eng.:
- test builds from git mirror of Eclipse project:
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/344152
- switch to new Orbit build:
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/344874
- mac test machine was updated to 10.6
- test builds to generate incubator source bundles:
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/345187
- trying to fix performance result generation problem:
  - rsh connections to test machines don't terminate properly
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/343814

.

Back to the top