[eclipse-dev] e4 messaging is scary

Hi,

Just wanted to report that from an external point of view, the message sent on the cross project ML (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg05597.html) was not really reinsuring, at least how I read it :)
Basically, the email says "hey, go and try this stuff", I think, "OK sounds great", then I click on the link of known issues (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse4.1/KnownIssues) and I'm like "what??? all that is not supported? they are kidding me, right? why would I even bother".

Later on, I've been lucky to meet with Paul, Eric and Remy, and they've explained that it is not as bad as it sound (e.g. there are new ways to achieve the same functionalities), but given that not everybody knows them, it may worth coming out more clearly about what is and what is not.

HTH,

PaScaL

Back to the top