Re: [eclipse-dev] Re: [e4-dev] Eclipse Project 4.0 Release

Am 20.04.2010 17:34, schrieb John Arthorne:
> Unfortunately, what we as the project developers think the version
> number means won't help if the wider consumer community and media have
> different expectations. It's clearly important that we get the message
> out about what this release means, who its audience is, and what
> developers and end users should expect from it.

Speaking of expectations. A press article is out:
http://it-republik.de/jaxenter/news/Komponenten-fuer-Eclipse-4.0-stehen-fest-055164.html

It's written in German. They way I read it, expectations are set that
this is *the* Eclipse 4.0 SDK, a logical successor to 3.6, everybody may
start to download and use once it is out. Is that the message we intend
to deliver?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht