Re: [eclipse-dev] Pivot/Eclipse

Greg I do think this is really interesting.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're suggesting pivot might provide us with a way to take an existing RCP application and run it in an applet. I think it also might be really cool if we could render individual Eclipse views and editors. Are you saying that in order to do this pivot would work on something along the lines of an SWT binding?
-Simon

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] Pivot/Eclipse

Hi,

I'm familiar with RAP. However, that project is essentially a way to build AJAX apps using Eclipse. Pivot is a platform for building applications that run in the Java plugin (not the browser DOM).

I'm not familiar with the styling enhancements planned for e4. Where can I find more information about that?

Thanks,
Greg