[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Aug 26, 2009

--------
 Status
--------

JDT APT status:
- newsgroups, conf calls, inbox, Bugzilla
- work on APT performance
- reviews of 3.5.1 patches

JDT UI:
- 3.5.1 is ready, except for a minor license fix that goes in this week
- 3.6 planning
- added ISV doc that shows how to provide a clean up extension
- started to work on computing Type Hierarchy view's content in the
  background

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- 3.5.1: prepared last fix (waiting for customer to confirm that it is
  really needed for 3.5.x)
- 3.6 planning
- investigated and fixed situations when Undo is unexpectedly unavailable
  in text editors

JDT Core:
- bug fixes
- closing on 3.5.1 fixes (2 left)
- 3.6 planning

Workspace:
- the Workspace 3.6 dev plan available under:
  - http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-team/team3.6/plan.php
- 3.5.1 fixes - 1 left, but fix ready and being tested
- working on bug 236169 - Use Synchronize View for Apply Patch (N&N item
  for M3/M4)
- bug 287238 - review of new e4 resources API started
- bug fixing for M2 and inbox triage
- Pawel' short vacation

Ant:
- 3.5.1 fixes complete

Debug:
- 3.5.1 fixes complete
- minor bug fixing (286229, 287015)
- support for Standard JREs on MacOS (156343)
- 3.6 planning

PDE:
- 3.5.1 fixes
  - one remaining (as of Tuesday - 281224)
- 3.6 planning
- released UI to generate API use reports - integrated as external tool
  currently (280467)
- continued work on spell checking for TOC/help editors
- Bug fixing

SWT:
- released fix to enable Browser support on Solaris 10 SPARC
- TableDropTargetEffect now supports DND.FEEDBACK_INSERT_BEFORE and
  DND.FEEDBACK_INSERT_AFTER
- added key event constants for keys F16-F20 (Cocoa)
- rewrote GC text functions to use CoreText
- bug fixing

User Assistance:
- 3.6 planning
- continued working on help webapp extensibility

Performance:
- 3.5 perf tests:
  - verification for build M20090824-0800: OK
- 3.6 perf tests:
  - verification for build I20090825-1032: OK
- I still had no time to verify the commented tests
  I plan to do it for next week (for sure!)

Back to the top