[eclipse-dev] Eclipse and Equinox project development rhythm

We had a new committer join Equinox this week, and he was asking for general committer tips. I wrote a reply talking about the general Eclipse/Equinox development rhythm - when the different kinds of builds happen, what kinds of changes are appropriate on any given day/week/milestone, etc. A few people replied that they found the information very useful and it should be made more widely available. So, I wrote it up on a wiki page:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/Rhythm

Committers, feel free to add/correct details, and/or link it to your various component committer FAQs if you think it is useful. This isn't intended as a list of rules, but just some helpful advice for committers, contributors, and others following the project about how we work. I hope some people find it useful...

John

Back to the top