[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipse-dev] Re: Bug Tossing Graphs
- From: Sung Kim <hunkim@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:26:46 +0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=S52xdz+y520GpzsgbuP8ke0DhFTng7MHk4zgAJvUsxo=; b=UDlNJq8AjL0S53xe/LEkMVqsHp4dAa8adPbOJ3hv0ZYln5/s6jm1ACDEhOIWXSFHXc IuFXbOtwO//xt17B7/BE4Bejnj94/8OcI5ZFsTua4cu+MFUlN/JI5uWojasPA5QEap48 Ym/uIn7ahVr2V8QFin1U4I4wLXTtQDHFTEG5s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=DckJ0bOVW7cutAiazJFhaT0zIDvRKQ/tYLwFM8G3IPTkFmJURh2cSjx9g2iVlGGXKX juMllNUP6rRLV79X7YH/jbJ3XAdo8E7Bo7YBKJHUCdFqm0jMUjQ9D1igCP2K9o37k8zP pJb5xgzX75Jk+T6uh8zQGHe7sUPH7p/S6foow=
FYI, this is updated and probably more interesting tossing graph.
On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Sung Kim <hunkim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One more thing. Please don’t be upset if your name is not on the
> graph. To increase readability of the graph we use only partial bug
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Sung Kim <hunkim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Dear Eclipse developers,
>> This is Sung Kim, a software engineering researcher at Hong Kong
>> University of Science and Technology. Recently we analyzed bug
>> assignment process by mining Eclipse bug reports. We found that many
>> bug tossing events, bug reports are assigned developers and the
>> developers toss the bug reports to other developers. Based on the bug
>> tossing information, we develop a Markov model which captures bug
>> tossing history to help bug assignment process. Please find the
>> attached sample bug tossing graph. (Perhaps you need to zoom-in to see
>> the details.)
>> Each node in the graph indicates a developer and edges indicate
>> tossing and fixing relationship. For example, among all bugs assigned
>> to Mddumn, 34% of them are tossed to and fixed by Jerome.Bozier (if
>> they are not fixed by Mddumn). The size of nodes indicates the sum of
>> incoming edges. The bigger nodes get more bugs from other developers.
>> For example, Darin Wright gets many bugs from others.
>> We believe this graph can help (1) discover developer structures, and
>> (2) bug assignment process. For example, the clusters in the graph
>> show developer groups. This graph might be used as a cheat sheet to
>> assign or toss bugs to other developers. For example, if you are
>> considering tossing a bug to Chanskw, you might want to CC the bug to
>> Darin Wright as well.
>> We’d like to get some feedback from you, since you are actively
>> assigning, tossing, and fixing bugs. Please let us know what you think
>> of this graph. What do you like/hate about this graph? Do you think it
>> might be useful? Are there any other possible usages of this graph?
>> Any comments are welcome. Based on your comments we will adjust our
>> research direction.
>> Best Regards,
>> Sung Kim