Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Feb 25, 2009

Sorry I was late for the Equinox status message:

Equinox
- Reviewed 3.5 bugs to focus the effort of the remaining milestones
Framework, Compendium
- Review OSGi specification
- Contribute OSGi test cases
- Updates to DS implementation for latest OSGi specification
p2
- Large revamping of the about dialog available in this week I build
- New preference scope to store things related to p2 profiles
- Good progress on install handler replacement story
- Progress on the explanation support
- Starting integrating the published in the releng build

Tom

Inactive hide details for Mike Wilson ---02/25/2009 09:36:59 AM----------------------Mike Wilson ---02/25/2009 09:36:59 AM----------------------

Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/25/2009 09:36 AM

[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Feb 25, 2009

-------------------
Discussion Topics
-------------------

User Assistance:
- org.eclipse.ui.forms is approaching a point where it has no committers
 with time to work on it. Can we find someone to work on this component?
 If not what is our fallback plan?

--------
Status
--------

JDT UI:
- various fixes in Runnable Jar Exporter
- enabled Rename refactoring quick assist in Java compare editors
- Inline Local Variable and Inline Constant refactorings now insert
 necessary explicit casts if there was an implicit conversion that
 widened the initializer's type to the variable's type
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- continued work on 'Open Implementation' hyperlink detector
- continued work on adding 'Show in Properties File' action to
 NLS key hover
- adopted range differencer API from Compare and got rid of our
 own implementation
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

Platform Search:
- inbox tracking

Debug:
- new extension point to contribute Java breakpoint listeners (bug 260910)
- continued work on EclipseCon tutorial
- bug fixing

PDE:
- continued enhancements to new Target Platform preference page:
 - removed old preference page from the build
- API tooling:
 - baselines now pickup bundles from dropins folder
 - enhanced analysis of split bundles
 - cleaned up unreliable performance tests
 - investigating performance improvements for incremental build
- DS 1.1 support completed
- work in progress around removing config.ini from launcher/product
 definitions in favor of list of properties
- bug fixing

User Assistance:
- working on search index performance but have yet to get much improvement.
- bug fixing
- reviewing bugs in the inbox

Rel. Eng.:
- testing new p2 slicer
- merging metadata etc  in preparation for 3.4.2 release this wed.
- testing using comparator to use when mirroring from repos in the build
- bug fixing

Workspace:
- inbox tracking
- working on 3.5 M6:
 -
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-team/team3.5/plan.php#m6
- fixing regression in the compare editor
- final work on bug 220457, bug 201116 (multiple contentMergeViewers
 for the same content type, file extension)
- new API to instantiate and apply arbitrary hunks (bug 183226, bug 265824)
- compare core plug-in changed to 3.5 (was 1.0)

Platform UI:
- 3.5 bug fixing
- We are going to change our bug triage process:
 -
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Bug_Triage