[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Oct 1, 2008

-----------------------

 Discussion Topic
-----------------------

JDT
- lots of compile warnings in build results due to new "The method xyz is
overriding a synchronized method without being synchronized":
- do we want this warning to be raised or should we disable it again?
- if we leave it, can we agree that components go and fix it for the next I-build?

--------
 Status
--------

JDT APT:
- inbox, newsgroups, Bugzilla, conf calls

- implement some missing JSR269 APIs (bugs 240264, 246089, 248156)

Platform UI:
- added API to StyledString that allows to insert characters (needed for Bidi)

JDT UI:
- added colored label support when running in Bidi mode
- backported some fixes to 3.4.2
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- fixed indentation bug when typing switch-statement
- resolved conflict between rename refactoring and clean up on save
- commented on new JDT Core API to set a threshold on code assist
- backported some fixes to 3.4.2
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

Platform Search:
- added test suite to build
- inbox tracking

Debug:
- released support to allow multiple debuggers to create breakpoints in the same editor
- enhanced runtime classpath to support "../.." from Java project build paths (bug 248466)
- bug fixing

JDT/Core:
- proposed NamingConventions improvement
- added support for ".." in classpath entries
- memory optimization in compiler
- started work for finding constant references in .class files with source attached
- started work on adding a code assist timeout
- backported fixes to 3.4 maintenance
- inbox tracking
- bug fixing

PDE:
- continued work on plug-in export and install into running SDK via p2
- investigating enhancements to API tools model (caching, consolidating, etc).
- working on Execution Environment Service for extensible OSGi system profiles
- work on sorting plug-ins for compilation across feature boundaries (bug 212467)
- bug fixing

Rel. Eng.:
- test builds for new search and p2 tests
- site.xml and digest are no longer generated in the 3.5 build, p2 doesn't need them
- 3.4.2 builds start this Wednesday
- two new perf windows perf machines are in lab, waiting for security checks so remaining
linux machines can be deployed
- bug fixing

Workspace:
- inbox tracking
- working on items from the 3.5 M3 plan:
- http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-team/team3.5/plan.php#m3
- bug fixing

Back to the top