[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Sept 10, 2008

[ Apologies for missing last week's status -- It was my first day back and I was
  still fighting through my email backlog. ]

--------
 Status
--------

JDT APT:
- inbox, newsgroups, Bugzilla, conf calls
- fix for bug 245746 in 3.4.1RC2 and HEAD
- working on posting APT plan on APT web site

Debug:
- 3.4.1 test pass
- reviewing support for different debuggers sharing the same editor for
  breakpoint creation (bug 212316)
- 3.5 planning:
  - link can be found at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/Galileo_Plan

PDE:
- 3.4.1 test pass
- expanding API Tools automated test suite:
  - over 1500 new tests since 3.4, and more coming
- 3.5 planning:
  - link can be found at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/Galileo_Plan
- compiler settings for flagging imported packages, exported packages and
  required bundles for missing version ranges:
  - we should come up with a plan on what to do for packages and versioning...
    currently we are haphazard in the SDK
- DS Tooling made it into this week's i-build in time for 3.5M2

JDT Core:
- inbox tracking
- bug investigation
- bug fixing
- introduced a marker comment ($FALL-THROUGH$) for silencing compiler diagnosis
  for switch case falling through next case

JDT UI:
- 3.4.1 testing (no regressions found)
- updated org.junit4 plug-in to JUnit 4.5
- cleaned up and simplified implementation of JavaElementLabels, fixed some BiDi
  issues
- added Quick Fix to insert //$FALL-THROUGH to suppress the new compiler warning
  from JDT Core
- changed all JDT views to do editor opening and linking according to draft
  guidelines (bug 45186)
- fixed many compiler warnings
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- 3.4.1 testing (no regressions found)
- in Javadoc hover headers, references to other types and members are now links
  (e.g. you can click on a method return type to read its Javadoc)
- avoided StackOverflowErrors when users create too complex regular expressions
- improved content assist parameter hint regarding multi-line method calls
- fixed many compiler warnings
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

Search:
- 3.4.1 testing (no regressions found)
- fixed many compiler warnings
- inbox tracking

Platform UI:
- built mock-up on how to add 'Open With' to 'Open Resource' dialog (bug 40632):
  - waiting for feedback
- added helper to ease editor opening and linking according to draft guidelines
  (bug 45186)
- changed Navigator and Project Explorer to do editor opening and linking
  according to draft guidelines (bug 45186)

User Assistance:
- 3.5 user assistance plan posted on eclipse.org
- work on scalable intro themes almost complete
- working on support for custom icons in TOC
- 3.4.1 testing

Rel. Eng.:
- catching up after vacation
- test builds for new macosx.cocoa.x86 port
- M2 is next week:
  - here's the schedule:
    - http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-releng/buildSchedule.html
- 3.4.1 endgame

Workspace:
- inbox tracking
- 3.5 bug fixing

- investigating bug 169386 - More Java editor features in Compare Editor
- polishing and fixing proxy settings issues
- Kevin McGuire visit

Back to the top