[eclipse-dev] 3.5 Milestone Planning

As part of the 3.5 planning process, all teams should have milestone
development plans in place by the end of M2 (Sept 19, 2008). To ensure and
open collaborative planning process, it's useful to have a public area to
publish and develop a plan. Debug and PDE have done this by posting draft
plans on the WIKI, where others can see what potential plan items exist,
and eventually which plan items will end up in the 3.5 plan. Other teams
could use a similar approach.

For example, the working copies of the Debug and PDE plans can be found
here:

        http://wiki.eclipse.org/Debug_Platform/Planning
        http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/Ideas

For debug, we have used the WIKI draft plan as a live document during our
community planning sessions. It is then used as input for a more solid
(read-only) plan that has recently been posted on the Debug web site:

 http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/platform/dev_plans/r3_5/plan.php

The PDE plan will be soon to follow.

Darin Wright

Back to the top