RE: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.4 shape

I think this may be a "marketing issue" (which I seldom have opinions about :)
> but, I'd think if EPP doesn't have it, the Platform project should not "feature it prominently".
> That'd just set a different expectations, and dilute the meaning of "simultaneous release".

Lets call this a community issue, not marketing  J.  My vote would be that we have a consistent approach across all packages and the SDK.  I think there would be less of chance for causing confusion.

We discussed this on the EPP call this week.  One option was that for Ganymede we leave the default to be download the zip file for the packages and SDK.  For the Fall maintenance release, we convert everything over to the p2 installer.  This would give the installer more time to work out any issues.

Kevin McGuire <Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxxxxx>