[eclipse-dev] NLS.bind(...) vs MessageFormat.format(...)

Hi,

I'd like to get some clarification when one method should be used instead
of the other one.
In API Tools, we are trying to use MessageFormat.format(...), but I didn't
know and I ended up using NLS.bind(...).

When I was about to "fix" and go with MessageFormat.format from the ICU
bundle, I made a search for NLS.bind(...) usage and I found many hits. So
I'd like to know when each method should be used.The documentation inside
the NLS class mentioned that this is not a replacement for the
MessageFormat method, but it doesn't really say what kind of limitations
the NLS method has.

Can someone put some light on this, please?

Thanks,

Olivier

Back to the top