Re: [eclipse-dev] New API tooling tags

I agree with this too. I have found that in most cases, I was able to
replace the first sentence (not intended to be implemented... etc)
with the standard tag and text generated by code assist. I then moved
any additional information after that standard text.

I don't think that I will be able to treat all of our (Platform UI)
API this way though.

Boris

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Kevin McGuire <Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah I agree with John.  While in general removing redundancy is clearly
> good, the primary role of the javadoc comments is human documentation and
> thus it should be easy to digest by the widest audience of programmers (some
> of whom may not know how to interpret the tags).  The tags provide a nice
> consistency as well as some ability for automated tools but aren't a
> replacement for well thought out text words, imho.

Back to the top