[eclipse-dev] Transitionning to 3.3M7

As we start working on 3.3M7, we need to remind this is the last open
development milestone, focusing mainly on:
- performance and polish work
- bug fixing
- remaining feature work

Remaining feature work should be minimized so as not to compromise our
forthcoming release cycle. Therefore the process for contributing feature
work is going to be tightened a little bit. You will need a feature card
from the PMC in order to do so. Please send your requests to the PMC
mailing list (1 vote gives you license to kill). Note: approval is still
needed to implement an API facade which got released late into 3.3M6.

Note to component leads, for next architecture call, here is some required
homework to prepare:
- each team should assess its 3.3M6 performance results. Account for their
red-ness ? Check that grey-ness is still accurate...
- each team should announce their planned feature work which would have
consequences on global performance
   (e.g. once leveraging some new API, which once used is slowing everybody
downstream)
- we should spend time reflecting upon the 3.3M6 end game, to see if some
adjustments are needed for 3.3M7

Back to the top