[eclipse-dev] How to validate your component.xml files

Hi,

Some people might like to validate their component.xml prior to release them.

Here is the way I have done it. You might find that useful.

1) Save the attached schema file in c:\temp
2) Go to http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/
3) In the Schema document: field, put the path to the schema file. In my example, c:\temp\component.xsd
4) In the XML document: field, put the path to your component.xml file.

Then click submit.

You will get a list of errors if your file doesn't conform to the schema.

HTH,

Olivier