Re: [eclipse-dev] Your plug-in may be a liability if...: ACTION REQUIRED/ACTION REQUISE

Internal packages always have always been exported.  There are plenty of reasons to export internal.  It's one way to establish future API.

After migrating, if the plugin.xml is empty, can it just be deleted?

-Randy

Wassim Melhem <wassimm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/06/2005 11:03 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."

cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Your plug-in        may        be        a        liability        if...:        ACTION        REQUIRED/ACTION REQUISE

When you convert, all the packages that were made visible to clients via
export * will be listed in the Export-Package header (both internal and
API)
Therefore, no existing client will be broken.

As we are starting to enforce our API using the new Runtime/JDT/PDE
technologies, why would you even want to expose a newly created internal
package to clients?
Therefore, John's statement stands in that, when it comes to addition of
new packages, you only have to worry about new API packages.

Wassim.

Back to the top