Re: [eclipse-dev] dev.eclipse.org Migration - Latest issues and status

I also know of at least one ID/PWD which is no longer functioning for mailing lists archives, but still works with the newsgroup web interface.

-Randy

"Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/30/2005 06:45 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] dev.eclipse.org Migration - Latest issues and status

Greetings,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the status of the recent
migration issues.

Issue 1: Some committers lost committer rights on some plugins

I am experiencing a Twilight Zone issue where, although committers are
in the right group, they cannot commit. This seems to be limited to
accessing the files from Eclipse; when accessing the files using the
local shell or with command-line CVS, files are accessible as expected.
I tried downgrading CVS to an older version, but that didn't work. This
is my #1 priority, as it severely impacts your work day.

Issue 2: pServer CVS is slow

Yesterday I was troubleshooting an issue with the Platform Releng team
where the servers somehow delaying connection times to pserver CVS.
Since then, somehow the problem seems to have gone away, but I'm keeping
an eye open. I have requested the priority bandwidth pool for developers
(including CVS, bugzilla and e-mail) be increased, so this should
certainly help.

Issue 3: (Bugzilla|CVS|Server X) is unusably slow / Webmaster is dumb

Connections to every eclipse.org service (except for the newsgroups) are
currently load-balanced across four servers, meaning if Bugzilla is
unusably slow, the rest of the eclipse.org services should be unusable
as well. When experiencing "unusably slow" conditions, please test the
following before sending me an e-mail:

- note the time of day.
- try accessing the following page:
http://download.eclipse.org/arch/id.php and tell me what IP address
you've reached for your connection
- see how long it takes to get the mirror list web page by clicking the
prominent "Eclipse SDK 3.0.2" link on the download page. Don't download
it, just see how fast you get the mirror list page.

I know these issues are frustrating to deal with on your end, and I'm
working hard to resolve them as quickly as I can. Thanks for your
understanding and cooperation.

Denis