[eclipse-dev] dev.eclipse.org migration complete.

Greetings,

I have completed the migration of the dev.eclipse.org server over to the new hardware. Please note the following:

- this weekend's migration involved moving CVS. When committers connect using "extssh", they will probably be advised that something fishy happened to the server. The server's host key has changed as a result of the move, so please update your ssh keys accordingly. Eclipse should prompt you to do this, and so should "Putty"

- Although the move was clean, please keep an eye open for anything strange with CVS. If you see anything particular (unable to commit, file permissions, etc..) please let me know at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx.

- if you had accounts on "dev.eclipse.org" and "download1.eclipse.org", they are now synchronized. When you change your password on dev.eclipse.org you are changing your password for download1.eclipse.org as well. This weekend everyone's password on download1 was overwritten with their password from dev.eclipse.org.

- there are group-based disk quotas for the downloads space. There are *no* quotas for CVS files, only for your download.eclipse.org drops. If you are close to your quota, you will receive an e-mail notice once per day. I am imposing quotas because our downloads footprint is huge, and although the Foundation can supply you with plenty of disk space, our mirrors can't.

- for people developing PHP scripts on www.eclipse.org, you can use the PHP error log for debugging purposes: http://www.eclipse.org/webmaster/error_log.html. This log is flushed every 20 minutes.

- CVS and Bugzilla are not yet in our High-Priority bandwidth pool. This means that when you access these services, you are fighting for bandwith with the downloads (which is currently saturated thanks to 3.0.2). This means CVS will be slow until monday (but likely faster than it was before)

- There is still one big migration left to do before I can claim victory: the backend eclipse.org server, the one holding all the data, is not runnung on its definitive server. The server, a big, loaded IBM P5 550, will be prepared in April, and hopefully it will be in place by the end of April.

- All the software packages that were being used on eclipse.org have been upgraded to their latest version.

Thanks for your patience during this long migration. Please feel free to write me at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx if you have any questions or comments.

Denis

Back to the top