RE: [eclipse-dev] My Eclipse is very very Slow - How to Increase speed !!!

Eclipse "knows" about all those plugins but does not "load" them in any real way.  Plugin classloaders are only created on demand.  The footprint of just having a plugin is quite minimal.

Jeff

"Alberto Berreteaga" <Alberto.Berreteaga@xxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/21/2005 02:30 AM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

<eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [eclipse-dev] My Eclipse is very very Slow - How to Increase speed !!!

Hi,

Perhaps you need not only new params to the Eclipse launch but unload
some plugins too.
I mean, when you start Eclipse you load every plugin on
/[eclipse-path]/plugins ; between them you load every tutorial, example,
perspective, etc ... perhaps even your Tomcat, Apache, etc.
Almost sure you do not need "everything" everytime you start your
Eclipse.

To do this, actually I move the plugins I need to that folder. I do not
know any other way. But I'm looking for some guidelines to start the
environment with "only" the plugins I wish to use. Can anybody suggest
something on this topic?

TIA

Alberto

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify it to the sender and delete without resending or backing it, as it is legally prohibited.

Este mensaje puede contener informacion confidencial, en propiedad o legalmente protegida.
Si usted no es el destinatario, le rogamos lo comunique al remitente y proceda a borrarlo, sin reenviarlo ni conservarlo, ya que su uso no autorizado esta prohibido legalmente.