Re: [eclipse-dev] Outage Notice - Saturday, March 26th 2005

On Monday March 21 2005 03:56 pm, Eclipse WebMaster (Denis Roy) wrote:
> I will be migration the dev.eclipse.org server this Saturday, March 26th
> to our new hardware infrastructure. During this time, the CVS
> repositories as well as any mail-related resources will be unavailable.

I have some concerns about the selected date.  Would it be possible to delay
the migration until after 3.1 M6 ships?

3.1 M6 is imminent, and represents an API freeze.  Removing access to the CVS
servers for 24 hours could hinder people who are trying to complete changes
in time for the API freeze.

Also, there were some unexpected difficulties when trying to complete the
phase one migration.  If similar difficulties were to occur during the
milestone week, this could causes delays or frustrations in trying to
complete 3.1 M6 on time.

cheers,
d.

Back to the top