[eclipse-dev] Question about RCP & JVM

Hi all,

I have developed an RCP application, which can be run successfully with a "runRCP.cmd" file, whose contents is: " echo on
  setlocal
  cd %~dp0
java -cp startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -application com.eclpise.examples.DemoApplication -consoleLog %* || pause
  endlocal".

Then I create another java application(named "AnotherApp", an awt based GUI program, only one button named "Invoke My RCP" in the frame). What I want to do is to run my RCP application by clicking the button. While a very IMPORTANT request is that: the new running RCP application should share the same JVM with "AnotherApp" that invokes it. I wonder if it's possible to realize my request, if it does how may I relize?

BTW, I have tried something following, which will create a new JVM for RCP application:
 try {
Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec ("C:/myRCP/runRCP.cmd"); } catch ... ..."

 Waiting for your suggestions!!! Thanks.

Best Regard,
Martin

Back to the top