[eclipse-dev] New and noteworthy for the APIs

Hello,

Regularly eclipse grows its APIs. This is fine and well. However we are not doing a good job of advertising those new APIs to our old time users. Instead of letting them grep the code base for @since 3.1, I suggest that we deliver a document called "APIs, New and Noteworthy" containing all the new APIs since the last release.
For new classes, this document would hold a link to the class in the javadoc and maybe the javadoc.
For new methods and fields this document would contain the signature and the appropriate javadoc.

The creation of this document should be automatic since all the relevant information are available in the source (it could be hooked to the tool doing API enforcement).
Before going any further, please provide feedback.

Thank you,

PaScaL

Back to the top