[eclipse-dev] Eclipse.org infrastructure - bugzilla etc.

Hi all,

As you might know, there's been a problem with accessing bugzilla. Actually, it's not just bugzilla. I've narrowed the problem to our Cisco load balancer which, for some reason, feels it's appropriate to add a 10 second delay to every 10th request it gets.

I have removed one of the three servers from the load-balancing mechanism and have committed it to bugzilla by reassigning the IP (206.191.52.51). In order to minimize the impact on your daily activities, Bugzilla will remain isolated from the load balancer while we troubleshoot this problem.

Our end goal is to have all the eclipse.org services load balanced across a 6-node cluster. If we can get this load balancer to do its job correctly, the end result will be a very robust and scalable infrastructure to serve the community.

I apologize again for the inconvenience this causes. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the new hardware infrastructure, please feel free to drop me a line.

Denis

--

Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
Questions? Consult the FAQ at http://www.eclipse.org/webmaster/faq.html