Re: [eclipse-dev] Bugzilla Problems

On Monday February 21 2005 12:22 pm, Darin Swanson wrote:
> Continued postings on progress to this mailing list or to the
> eclipse.foundation newsgroup would be appreciated by those of us who cannot
> use bugzilla this morning.

The most recent information on the bug has three important points:
+ This must be leftover cached pages. Ask them to flush caches and clear
proxies.
+ Bugzilla's IP address has changed about 18 hours ago. weekend.  That's
probably the cause of this specific problem. I set the TTL real low on the
new IP so it should be propagating shortly.
+ We fixed a problem this morning where the network interfaces we
misconfigured, and caused our load balancer to pull the servers offline
altogether. Since it's been reconfigured bugzilla has been extremely snappy.
Give it a few hours, and if it's still sluggish let me know.

As an addendum to this, a lot of users are still seeing the "bugzilla is down"
page, even after clearing the cache.  At least on IRC, we're wondering
whether "clearing the cache" is really viable solution for people behind web
proxies....

cheers,
d.

Back to the top