Re: [eclipse-dev] Question about links in an editor

Please in the future do not use this general mailing list for these types of questions.
In Eclipse land the newsgroups (eclipse.platform) would be the appropriate forum.

Assume working in recent 3.1:
Your org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextSourceViewerConfiguration for your editor will need to override the getHyperLinkDetectors(ISourceViewer) and return your custom IHyperlinkDetector which will provide your implementation of IHyperlink.

You can use the AntEditor and the AntEditorSourceViewerConfiguration as your reference.

Again to continue this discussion post in the eclipse.platform newsgroup in news.eclipse.org

HTH
Darins

"Brian C. Dilley" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/11/2005 03:24 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Question about links in an editor

I'm creating an editor plug-in for Torque-Script (scripting language for a 3D engine), I've got all the basics down syntax highlighting, indention, auto-completion, etc... but i can't seem to figure out how to make some of the text in the editor links.  IE: CTRL+CLICK a piece of text to open another file in the project.  For example:

Exec("scripts/canvas.cs");

I want to make it open scripts/canvas.cs from the project.  I've got an implementation of ITextHover that parses out the text between the quotes.. but i don't know how to make the text in the editor turn into a link and be click-able.  Can anyone suggest a HOWTO/Example, or perhaps point me in the direction of an interface that i must implement?
--
Brian C. Dilley <
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Back to the top