Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse no longer finds my source code

Keith McQueen wrote:
Hi,

Hi Keith.
Sorry to bug you all again, but I am having some trouble. I have been doing some eclipse development (and you have all been very helpful in providing tips and answers, etc). I have two workspaces set up: one for my local company development, and one for my eclipse development. I have tried going back to doing my company work, but now eclipse doesn't seem to be able to find any source code. Let me elaborate. When I get a stack trace in the console window and I click the line of the file I want to look at, I get a little dialog that says the source could not be found. If I use the Open Type dialog, no problem. During debugging, I set a break point in one of my class files. When the debugger hits the breakpoint and wants to open the source file, I get a blank white editor window with a button in it prompting me to update the source lookup path. Something is now completely screwed up. I have no idea what or how to fix it. I have deleted all my projects and checked them out again of our local CVS respository, but I still have the same problem. I'm sure you all think that this is a question better posed to the newsgroups, but this situation seems to be a result of trying to do some eclipse development. I would really appreciate your assistance in getting back on track,

I don't know if this may apply for you, but when I face this problem, I solve it with the following procedure:

In the debug perspective, I right click the process I'm debugging and choose the option Edit Source Lookup. There, I select all the projects I have source code I need to track.

I have to admit that in the first time I looked for this up, I spent a long time. It is not so much intuitive. Maybe UI guys may do something about it. Or maybe I was blind and didn't see it at first time :)

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

Back to the top