Re: [eclipse-dev] Getting set up for eclipse development

Hi Keith,

Checking out every project surely would be a little overwhelming!  Rest
assured that you don't need to go that route. :-)

I'm uncertain as to if you mean the projects you checked out
1. do not build (i.e. do not compile), or
2. build with errors

In general, please make sure you're checking projects out into a recent
build.

Some of your questions may be answered with Eclipse FAQs:
http://eclipse.org/eclipse/faq/eclipse-faq.html
Rafael also gave a great link to PDE/UI:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/pde-ui-home/dev.html

For future reference, the newsgroups can be your best friend ;-)
(http://eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html)

Yours,
Cherie G. Wong
Software Developer, The Eclipse Project

             "Keith McQueen"
             <kmcqueen@tsccos.
             Sent by:                  <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse-dev-admin                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [eclipse-dev] Getting set up for
             02/03/2005 01:51          eclipse development
             PM

             Please respond to
                eclipse-dev

Hi all,

I?m trying to do some work on the eclipse code, but I seem to get nothing
but problems.  When I check projects out of the eclipse cvs repository, the
project doesn?t build.  Do have some general pointers on how to get my
workspace set up for doing eclipse development?  Do I need to just check
out every project (a little overwhelming)?  Thanks for your support.

Keith

Back to the top