[eclipse-dev] Primary Feature Problem

Hi all,

I'm developing an application using the eclipse's RCP mechanism and I
want to auto-update this application so I use a feature and I include
an  update-URL in it.  I have a problem when I start my applicaction
because my feature is not in the help--> About Eclipse platform -->
Feature Details, so I can't update my feature.

In order to solve the problem  my feature is made of  two parts (like
in the Eclipse Help  Menu :" Products as Primary Features"):

      1) A feaure which contains all plugins.
      2) A plugin with the same id  created to customize the application.

When I deploy this feature from Eclipse I obtain the next error:

Problems during export:
Reason:

c:\<eclipse_workspace>\applicationfeature\assemble.applicationfeature.win32.win32.x86.xml:47:
the following error occurred while executing this line:

c:\<eclipse_workspace>\applicationfeature\build.xml:52:
c:\<eclipse_workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.ui\temp\destination\plugins\applicationfeatureplugins\@dot
not found.

On the other hand,  If  I  add my feature to  my deployed application
, the problem is solved.

My question is:
I want my export-wizard works correctly, with my "two-parts-feature",
What can I do?

P.S: This feature doesn't have: pluginnature and javanature
P.S: Without this plugin the export wizard goes well.

Thanks and sorry for my English:

Luis

Back to the top