RE: [eclipse-dev] [ANN] Bugzilla Plug-in

> Jean-Michel,
>
> Great! We were just about to open-source (under CPL) a Bugzilla plug-in
we
> have been developing as part of our Hipikat project. Our plug-in appears
> have complementary functionality. It seems that it would be much better
> try to merge our functionality with yours rather than release a separate
> plug-in. Let us know the best way forward if you'd be interested in a
merge.

Thanks for the heads-up. We don't have many cycles to merge at this time.
We
will continue with minor improvements so that we can self-host with it,
but that
is the scope of work we have planned.

> Our bugzilla plug-in includes:
>
> * a new bug wizard including on-line and off-line submission of bugs
> * a bug editor
> * a bug search pane to ease searching using a variety of Bugzilla
criteria
> (you can also save queries)
> * a bug favourites list for faster reference
>
> We are just completing an upgrade on this plug-in to 3.x. You can find
an
> update site for our plug-in (for Eclipse 2.1) at
> www.cs.ubc.ca/labs/spl/projects/hipikat/updates (with everything but the
> off-line submission which is implemented but not released).

Tried it out. Looks good except for the hard-coded values that make it
useable
only with eclipse.org :(

> Gail Murphy

Back to the top