defect reporting -> Team? was: [eclipse-dev] [ANN] Bugzilla Plug-in

My impression is that the Team team (for want of a better phrase :-)
has til now been focused on VC tooling, notably CVS. But with

* their Bugzilla tooling announcement (even if only of
  intern-contributed tools--dunno what that says about mgmt buy-in)

* UBC bugzilla plugin

Gail Murphy Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:01:51 -0800
> We were just about to open-source (under CPL) a Bugzilla plug-in we
> have been developing as part of our Hipikat project. Our plug-in
> appears to have complementary functionality. It seems that it would
> be much better to try to merge our functionality with yours rather
> than release a separate plug-in. Let us know the best way forward if
> you'd be interested in a merge.

> Our bugzilla plug-in includes:

> * a new bug wizard including on-line and off-line submission of bugs
> * a bug editor
> * a bug search pane to ease searching using a variety of Bugzilla
criteria
> (you can also save queries)
> * a bug favourites list for faster reference

* (IIRC) the upcoming OSSing of CMVC (could be just a rumor?)

I'm wondering if Team has started, or should start, thinking about
defect reporting as a new frontier in eclipse-based collaboration,
and about a general/extensible framework for such tools.

Back to the top